Data protection policy
Oy Sloyd Ab (hereinafter Sloyd) protects your privacy. We want you to feel safe when shopping online using our website. Here you are informed about how we process the personal data that you provide to us in connection with your purchase and what legal rights you have. Below you will find more information about how and why we process your personal data. Below we describe what rights you have to influence the way your data is processed.
Oy Sloyd Ab
Palosaarentie 19, 65200 Vaasa, Finland
Email address: email@example.com
Processing of personal data
Sloyd is responsible for the processing of the following personal data:
- Name and address.
- Telephone number and e-mail address.
- Payment information, order information and order history.
- Language used in contact.
- Information about purchase transactions in the store or via the website. That is, information on receipts, orders, deliveries, and returns.
The processing of this data involves, for example, storage, use, transfer, and assignment required to deliver an order.
Personal data from visits to Sloyd’s website comprise the following:
- IP address.
- Username and customer identification.
- Geographical location.
- Purchase transaction data, e.g., online banking or Mobile payments.
Please note that Sloyd does not provide information concerning the payment, for example account information or card number.
Why do we need personal data such as address, e-mail and telephone number?
Some of the personal data provided is necessary to, for example:
- Administer your purchases and orders.
- Communicate with you in connection with the purchase, for example by sending order confirmation and providing you with information about how your order is progressing and delivered.
- Give Sloyd the opportunity to send a follow-up email after your purchase with an invitation to, for example, review the product and give feedback for the product.
- Send marketing-campaigns and information about our products, competitions, and events via, for example, e-mail. You can object to marketing at any time.
- Help you with customer service matters and fulfill legal obligations such as right of withdrawal, complaints and comply with the Finnish Accounting Act.
Who has access to your personal data?
Your personal data is primarily processed by Sloyd and our partners whose tasks require the processing of this data. The duty of confidentiality applies to the persons who process personal data.
- To have functioning IT systems and run the business efficiently, your personal data is shared with our IT suppliers. Personal data that is shared with our IT suppliers is done so that they, in turn, can fulfill their obligations towards us.
- To administer your payment, we share your personal data with our payment service provider. If you choose to pay by invoice, the payment service provider may share your personal data with credit reporting companies to assess your financial situation.
- To deliver your order and handle any returns, we will share your name, address, e-mail, and telephone number with the carrier.
- Your personal data is shared with external partners who help us administer our marketing via digital channels.
Personal information outside the EU/EEA
We do not share your data outside the EU/EEA, unless you place an order from a country outside the EU/EEA. In these cases, we share your name, address, e-mail, and telephone number with the transport companies responsible for the delivery of your shipment.
How can you influence the process of your personal data?
In accordance with data protection legislation, you have the right to influence how your personal data is processed.
- You have the right to withdraw parts of the consent to the processing of your personal data.
- You have the right to object to your personal data being used for marketing purposes, such as newsletters and customized marketing. You have the right to choose not to receive newsletters and to unsubscribe from newsletters at any time.
- You have the right to know how we process your personal data, for what purpose and how long the personal data is stored. You are entitled to a copy of the personal data processed by us.
- You have the right to correct and supplement incorrect and incomplete personal data.
- You have the right to request Sloyd to delete your personal data on the condition that the personal data is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected and on the condition that there is no other legal basis for saving it.
- You have the right to complain to Sloyd or a competent supervisory if you suspect that your rights have been violated. Complaints are submitted to the country within the EU/EEA where you live, work or where a violation took place.
The processing of your personal data is based on your given consent. Consent can be withdrawn at any time. When the consent for the processing of your personal data is revoked, your personal data ceases to be processed. Please contact Sloyd if you wish to correct or cancel the storage of the personal data.
How long do we store your data?
The data's processing times have been limited and only include necessary data for the respective purpose. The processing times and criteria for them are explained below.
- Customers' purchase information is usually stored for five years.
- Information that is necessary for processing feedback and complaint matters as well as information concerning legal claims is stored for the period required for processing the matter and is usually kept for no longer than five years.
- Information relating to the accounting period, including purchase transactions, return of goods or invoicing, is processed for six years from the end of the accounting year from the time established in the Finnish Accounting Act.
- Data related to debt collection is stored on average for four years after the debt collection has ceased.
We store your personal data as long as they are needed to fulfill our duties in relation to you as a customer and in relation to what is stipulated in the Finnish Consumer and Accounting Act.
If you have questions regarding processing of your personal data or if you would like information about the protective measures we have taken, please contact us at our e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on the telephone number +358 40 056 7616. You will find us also at Palosaarentie 19, 65200 Vaasa, Finland.